MY7THLIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY7THLIFE

MUSIC VIDEO

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Lesson 18: The New Year’s Sacrifice
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:57 pm by Guest

» Lesson 17: An American Tragedy
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 pm by Guest

» Lesson 16: Tess of the D’Urbervilles
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 pm by Guest

» Lesson 15: Going Through Old Dreams
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:52 pm by Guest

» Lesson 14: How to Grow Old
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:51 pm by Guest

» Lesson 13: A Valentine to One Who Cared-Too Much
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm by Guest

» Lesson 12: China Can Basically Achieve Self-Sufficiency in Grain Trough Self-Reliance
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 pm by Guest

» Lesson 11: China and Britain in the World Economy
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 pm by Guest

» Lesson 10: A Global Economy
Lesson 3: My life and Literature EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:46 pm by Guest


You are not connected. Please login or register

Lesson 3: My life and Literature

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lesson 3: My life and Literature Empty Lesson 3: My life and Literature Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Guest


Guest

一切旧的传统观念,一切阻止社会进步和人性发展的不合理的制度,一切摧残爱的努力,它们都是我最大的敌人。

All outmoded traditional thinking; any irrational system which obstructs social progress or human development; any force which tramples on love – all these things are my enimies.

我所有的作品都是写来控诉、揭露、攻击这些敌人的。

All my books were written with the express purpose of denouncing, exposing and striking out at these enemies of mine.

我觉得有一根鞭子在抽打我的心,又觉得仿佛有什么鬼魂借我的笔为自己伸冤一样。

I felt as if my mind was being whipped, as if a ghost had commandeered my pen and was writing to redress the injustices it had suffered.

我最近还在另一个地方说过:艺术的最高境界是无技巧。

I’ve also said recently on another occasion that the highest state to which art can attain is artlessness.

我最恨那些盗名欺世、欺骗读者的谎言。

What I hate most are those glory-seeking writers who deceive the public with their lies.

有一位日本作家问我你怎么同时喜欢各种流派的作家和作品呢?

A Japanese author asked me how I was able to appreciate authors and books of so many different schools.

唯其不是文学家,我就不受文学规律的限制。

我不是文学家,不属于任何派别,所以我就不受限制。

As long as I’m not a man of letters, I’m not subject to any rules of literature.

常常绝望地乱搔头发

Often despondently scratched my head.

我的文章就像一个丑八怪,不打扮,看起来倒还顺眼些。

Though my writing resembles an ugly monster, it actually looks a little better without any embellishment.

只要意志坚强就没有改不了的旧习惯。

There is no old habit but may be cured by a strong will-power.

我说我写作如同在生活,又说作品的最高境界是写作同生活的一致,是作家同人的一致,主要的意思是不说谎。

When I say that I write like I live, and that the highest ideal a work of literature can attain is to be at one with life, and that an author should be able to identify with his readers, I basically mean that books and their authors should never tell lies.

在他3岁的时候,父亲去世了,母子无依无靠,处境更加艰难。

At the age of three, he lost his father. With no one to support them, mother and son found life still more difficult.

见此情景,我猛然想起在60路线上有家福利工厂。

Looking at this scene, an idea suddenly occurred to me that there was a welfare factory on the line of Bus No.60./

Looking at this scene, I suddenly remembered that there was a welfare factory on the route of Bus No.60.

这样,不仅我能更好地为他们服务,与他们进行感情交流,也减少了一些他们与其他乘客的误会和纠纷。

In this way, not only can I provide them with good service, set up a friendly relation with them, but also decrease the possibility of misunderstanding and dispute between them and other passengers.

你明明写了那么多的产品,怎么说不是文学家呢?

You’ve written many, many books. How can you say you’re not a man of letters?

流传久远的作品是靠文学技巧流传,谁会关心百十年前的生活?

Literary works have stood the test of time because of the skill with which they were written. Who today really cares about the details of what life was like a hundred years ago?

他们都是我最大的敌人。

They are my major enemies.

总之,一个合逻辑,一个合文法,一个较好的修辞,这三点请你们在写文章的时候注意。

In short, to be logical , to be grammatical and to have a better command of rhetoric – there are the three points I would like you to bear in mind when you write.

从1929年到1948年这20年中间,我写得快,也写得多。

In the twenty years between 1929 and 1948, I wrote very quickly and also wrote a great deal.

从此,我就特别注意聋哑人的特征。

Since then I have paid special attention to those who look like deaf mutes.

长得好看的人不用浓妆艳抹

Physically attractive people don’t need heavy make-up.

所有的人都聚拢来,像鹅一样伸长脖子。

All the fellows gathered around, stretching their necks like geese.

但我就是这个脾气,虽然几经努力,却未能改变。

That’s the way I am, and try as I might, I haven’t been able to change it.

二十年来,我生活费中至少十分之二是消耗在书上的。我的房间里比较贵重的东西就是书。

For twenty years past, I have spent at least 10-20 percent of my pocket on books. Now the only things of some value under my roof, if any, are my books.

我一向没有对于任何问题作高深研究的野心,因之所买的书范围较广,宗教、艺术、文学、社会、哲学、历史、生物,各方面差不多都有一点。最多的是各国文学名著的译本,与本国古来的诗文集。别的门类只是些概论等类的入门书而已。

Since I have never entertained ambition for making a profound study of any subject, the books I have acquired cover almost everything – religious, art, literature, sociology, philosophy, history, biology, etc. most of them are Chinese translation of literary works by famous foreign writers and anthologies of Chinese poetry and prose through the ages. The rest, often called an outline or introduction, are merely on rudiments of various subjects.

代词在英语和汉语里都经常使用,但总的来说,英语代词用得多,汉语单词用得少。

在汉译英的基本功当中,就使用英语而言,有三方面值得注意: 拼法正确、合乎语法、句子平稳。

句子平稳是指每个句子都要合乎语法。

While doctors can not prove with absolute certainly that smoking causes cancer, a lot of facts show a very strong link between them.

尽管医生们无法确切地证明吸烟致癌,大量事实表明二者之间确实联系紧密。

The afternoon sun penetrated the mass of honeysuckle that covered the porch, and fell on my upturned face.

午后的阳光透过门廊上覆盖着的厚厚的一层忍冬,照在我微微仰着的脸上。

Every one of us, except my poor hoodwinked grandmother, heard of the bad news.

我们大家都得知了这一不幸的消息,只有我那可怜的奶奶还蒙在鼓里。

He relaxed himself by playing chess at the end of an arduous day’s work.

他工作了一天非常劳累,下班后下棋放松一下。

There’s been some dirty work with the club accounts and some money is missing.

俱乐部的账目有鬼,有些钱不知去向。

She is an absolutely one-man wife.

她是一位忠实的妻子,坚信从一而终的信念。

She is a good washer.

她洗衣服总是洗得干干净净。

The children are always up to amusing tricks.

孩子们总是调皮捣蛋寻开心。

Few went out in such a cutting and blinding wind.

寒风刺骨,刮得叫人睁不开眼睛。在这样恶劣的天气,很少有人出门。

On these pages you get the story of what happened- and how leading Americans see the priorities now.

以下几项叙述的是事情的来龙去脉——以及美国领导人当前如何看待事情的轻重缓急。

When the reply came a few months later they were enrolled as full members, but Chu’s membership was kept a secret from outsiders.

过了几个月,回信来了,两个人都被吸收为正式党员,但朱德的党籍对外界保密。

Or when he was shown over the great Nanjing bridge, built where the ferries used to carry trains across the Changjiang River.

再比如参观南京长江大桥;在修这座桥以前,要靠渡船在这里运送火车过江。

Someone took it, and I was caught up and held close in the arms of her who had come to reveal all things to me, and more than all things else, to love me.

不知是谁抓住了我的手,把我拉过去,紧紧地搂在她的怀里,就是她教我认识了世上的各种事物,而且不仅如此,她还疼爱我。

When I finally succeeded in making the letters correctly I was flushed with childish pleasure and pride.

我终于把这几个字母写对了,这时我天真地感到无限的愉快和骄傲。

He is a dapper sixty-three.

他今年63岁,但身子骨却很硬朗。

It was a pleasant uneventful ride.

这次骑马旅行是愉快的,没有碰到意外事件。

He had some cheerful wine at the party.

聚会时他喝了一些酒,于是便浑身来劲儿。

There is a lethal combination of high costs and high ticket prices at work, and fundamentally, one newspaper can cut down a show.

高成本的制作再加上昂贵的票价,真要了百老汇的命,但根本的症结是:报上一篇短评,就是“枪毙”一出戏。

It was at Tarr’s that she snatched up gifts for her daughter, Biddy, the lovely doll which resembled a plumper Biddy.

她送给女儿蓓蒂的礼物是在塔尔百货公司买的。那个讨人喜欢的洋娃娃简直就像蓓蒂一样,不过比蓓蒂稍微胖了一点。

The world is still engaged in a massive armaments race designed to insure continuing equivalent strength among potential adversaries.

世界仍在进行大规模的军备竞赛,目的是为了在潜在的对手之间继续保持力量的平衡。

Pressing down the button of the alarm-lock, he curled up for a last warm moment under the bed clothes.

他把闹钟的按钮按下,蜷缩在被子下面,享受最后一刻的温暖。

An outsider’s success could even curiously help the two parties to get the agreement they want.

说来奇怪,一个局外人取得的成功竟然能够促使双方达成一项他们希望取得的协议。

She was expensively spoiled from the moment of birth.

她自从呱呱坠地,就一直受到万般宠爱,是一位用金钱堆起来的“千金”。

Happy families also had their own troubles.

幸福的家庭也有幸福家庭的难处。

Although machines do work better and faster than a person dose, they will never be able to replace him because they must be controlled by man.

尽管机器比人工做得更好、更快,但机器永远不能取代人,因为机器必须由人来控制。

He is admittedly reliable.

他十分可靠,这是大家公认的。

Although it is claimed that there is no danger to be associated with atomic power stations, they are being set away from populous centers.

虽然据称原子能发电站没有危害,但这种发电站仍被安排在远离人口密集的地方。

Each country has its own customs.

各国有各国的风俗。

After high school some of my classmates entered college and others went to work.

高中毕业后,我的同学上大学的上大学,上班的上班了。

I see four kinds of pressure working on college students today; economic pressure, parent pressure, peer pressure, and self-induced pressure. It is easy to look around for villains – to blame the colleges for charging too much money, the professors for assigning too much work , the parents for pushing their children too far, the students for driving themselves too hard. But there are no villains, only victims.

我看当代大学生身上有四种压力:经济压力,父母施加的压力,同辈之间的压力以及自己给自己造成的压力。造成这种弊病的原因不难找到,可以抱怨大学收的学费过高,可以抱怨教室布置的作业过多,也可以抱怨家长过猛地逼他们的孩子上进,甚至抱怨学生自己太拼命。但是没有恶棍,只有受害者。

说起清华人,我怀念我的老师们。大学一年级,俞平伯、俞冠英两位老师教我国文,一位教读本,一位教作文,都亲切而严格。又一次俞先生指出我把爬山虎写成荆棘的错误,但又要我多写几篇给他看。二年级,贺麟老师教我西洋哲学史,见了我长达百页的英文读书报告不仅不皱眉,反而在班上表扬我。正是在他的指导之下,我读了不少希腊哲学家著作的英译,真有发现新星球似的喜悦。

I could not help missing my teachers when talking about the people of Tsinghua. In my first college year, Mr. Yu Pingbo and Yu Guanying gave us Chinese lessons, one reading ,the other writing. Both were benign but stem. Once Mr. Yu Guanying pointed out my mistake of taking Boston ivy for bramble and yet he asked me to write more. Instead of frowning at my hundred-page long English report, Mr.He Ling, my second year Western Philosophy teacher praised me in class. Under his guidance, I read a lot of English versions of ancient Greek philosophic works. The delight of reading was as if I had discovered a new planet.

Measure with fingers 用手指比划

Long for 期盼、盼望

Monkey-like imitation 像猴子一样地模仿

Tense and anxious 又紧张,有着急

Ugly monster 丑八怪

Man of letters 文学家

Let a hundred schools of thought contend 百家争鸣

Literary circles 文学界

浓妆艳抹 heavy make-up

在另外一个场合 on another occassion

花言巧语 flowery language

福利厂 welfare factory

各种流派 different schools

最高境界 the highest ideal/state

手语 sign language

流派 schools

文学流派 school(s) of literature / literature school(s)

旧的传统观念Outmoded traditional thinking

聋哑人 deaf mutes

主人公 principal characters

流传久远/经受时间的考验 stand the test of time

作品 a work of literature

人性发展 human development

收钱,募捐 collect the money

幻灭的 disillusioned

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum